Evacuation Edginess

Do I stay and fight for the house or do I leave before the winds pick up again?  Without N here to help, I’m leaning towards the fleeing option, though I do want to wait until tomorrow, when said winds are supposed to increase.

Today’s firefighting efforts have not resulted in any announced confirmed percentage of containment.  They were unable to fly planes due to the smokiness, which means that the fire was fought entirely on the ground.  There’s going to be a press conference at 6pm, so ideally there will be more information.  If there is no significant fire containment by tomorrow morning, I have no idea what that will mean for the City of South Lake Tahoe.  Today was supposed to be the big firefighting day, and while I have no doubt that the hundreds of firefighters out there are doing all they can, I’m worried that they may not make the deadline that Mother Nature has set upon us.

I could use a good run, but alas the air quality outside is hardly conducive to that..or being outside at all.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s